COVID 19 Regional Surveillance Update for 21 st May The George Alleyne, Chronic Disease Research Centre, U W I
- Among the 20 CARICOM Member States and Associate Members, there have been 436 new confirmed cases and 5 new confirmed deaths in the week to Thursday May 21 st
- Most of these cases were identified in Haiti 362 The remaining 74 cases were reported from The Cayman Islands 26 Jamaica 20 Guyana 12 Barbados 5 Bermuda 4 Bahamas 3 and with single cases reported in The British Virgin Islands, Grenada, St Vincent and The Grenadines, and Suriname
- In the past 24 hours there have been 11 new confirmed cases and no new confirmed deaths
- With 596 confirmed cases, 362 of these in the past week, Haiti remains the outbreak hotspot among the CARICOM members
- The major outbreak in neighbouring Dominican Republic 13 477 cases, 2 281 in the past week, 446 deaths) compounds the situation in Haiti.
For further information please click here.